Monday, October 31, 2011

{handmade} a classy halloween.

now, i didn't actually hand make my costume, but i did put it together. since i was little, i have always loved audrey hepburn. i may not have seen her films in full, but i was attracted to her classic beauty, quirkiness, and amazing clothes. i decided to pay homage to her this year with my rendition of her character in breakfast at tiffany's, holly golightly.

i started with a simple black dress from my closet; added a tiara, some black elbow-length gloves, and a borrowed cigarette holder; and finished it off with an up-do and a pearl necklace {both made by me!}.

although it was quite chilly on saturday when i wore my costume {and i spent most of the day with my husband's jacket draped around my shoulders}, i felt like a celebrity when a lady asked if she could take my picture to show her daughter, who also loves audrey. i was even able to re-enact one of the famous photos from the film. my mom wants me to frame it and hang it in my house - i may just do that. it will be a great memory of my time imitating such a classy lady.
{i'll never get used to anything. anybody that does, they might as well be dead}

No comments:

Post a Comment