Tuesday, October 18, 2011

a little taste of my heritage.

as a kid, my oma and opa (german for grandmother and grandfather) always planned a trip to a little german town in georgia called helen. my memories of those times are full of funny hats, chicken dances, odd-looking architecture and lots of kartoffelpuffer (potato pancakes). although my experience as an adult was much different, i still truly enjoyed getting a taste of my family's german heritage. taking a trip to germany would obviously be my first choice in gaining this experience, but for now, helen will do just fine.

{the hubby and i on our way to helen, georgia}
{enjoying german beer while singing prosit with the accordian-playing singer in the bavarian haus restaurant}

{no german meal is complete without blackforest cake and the jager shot that followed...to settle our stomachs, of course}

No comments:

Post a Comment